What is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, also known as BJJ, is a form of wrestling in which the objective is to control your opponent, gain an advantageous position, and either force them to submit (typically due to a choke or joint lock) or render their offense ineffective for self-defense. Athletes compete in BJJ tournaments to test their skills against similarly-ranked, aged, and sized opponents, and scoring is based on points awarded for advancing their position. Often referred to as "human chess", BJJ demands that the practitioner learn to master employing the concepts of space, pressure, and timing against an adversary that is also attempting these same concepts.
About American Elite Grappling
American Elite Grappling (AEG) offers one of the most well rounded Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and grappling programs in the United States with over 20 gi and no gi classes offered weekly for kids and adults. Our classes focus on technique, fundamentals, and competition training. Whether you want to learn to defend yourself, compete at the highest level, improve your grappling for mixed martial arts (MMA), or simply have fun while improving your fitness, AEG will help you reach your goals. The AEG system is designed to accommodate students of all ages, experience, and fitness.
Concepts taught at American Elite Grappling:
- Submissions and submission defense
- Takedowns and takedown defense
- Positions and awareness
- Strength and conditioning
Contact us, and let's get started on your BJJ journey!
Ron Keslar is the head professor at AEG. Ron is a 2nd degree black belt under Leandro Vieira and started his grappling career in grade school with wrestling. Previously, Ron was a professional mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter, competing in Bellator, Strikeforce, and King of the Cage. Ron personally oversees the crafting of the curriculum at AEG including fundamentals, BJJ competition, and MMA.
- 2016 IBJJF BJJPRO Champion
- 2016 Jiu Jitsu World League Champion
- 2016 IBJJF Vegas Open Champion
- 2016 American Cup Champion
- 2016 American Cup Absolute Champion
- 2016 IBJJF NoGi Worlds Runner Up
- 2016 US Open Runner Up
- 2017 Abu Dhabi USA National Pro Runner Up
- 2016 SJJIF World Championships 3rd
- 2017 Abu Dhabi USA National Pro Absolute 3rd
- 2017 IBJJF San Jose Open 3rd
- 2017 IBJJF San Jose Summer Open 3rd
- 2017 US Open Champion
- 2017 SJJIF Worlds Finalist
- 2017 SJJIF Worlds Absolute Champion
- 2018 Fight2Win Master No-Gi Fighter of the Year
- 2019 IBJJF San Jose Open Champion
AEG is proud to train at the American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) in beautiful San Jose, CA. AKA is known as one of the top MMA gyms in the world.